Monday, July 21, 2008

Summertime

Marion Post Wolcott / Library of Congress

“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. I drink at it; but while I drink I see the sandy bottom and detect how shallow it is. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains. I would drink deeper; fish in the sky, whose bottom is pebbly with stars.”
H. D. Thoreau, from Walden



boomp3.com
Miles Davis • Summertime
"At last count, there were more than 130 commercially recorded versions of Gershwin’s Summertime. From Jascha Heifetz to Miles Davis. Summertime consists of only six notes; that's part of its mystery." npr

Welcome !
www.lakafeterados.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magnifico summertime de Miles!

Gran imagen del verano
¿Tom y Huckleberry?
A propósito de cuentos
Algún relato saldrá de este invierno.

Ig.

Anonymous said...

Esta es una agradable ilustración de un verano. Esperaremos pacientemente por esos relatos Ig.
A.